Friday 20 June 2008

An Idea.....

Here is an email I sent to Leanne at the House...I hope it works!

Hi Leanne,

I am trying to convince my friend Mark to enter into the redbull soap box derby with me.
Our biggest challenge is finding the components to build a super duper soap box derby cart...herein named 'super duper soab box derby cart for canuck place'.

Why am I emailing you and Ian?

You first...you are the contact lady....you know everybody...one word from you can create a veritable cavalcade of support.
Why Ian? He looks like an 'ideas man' and the house might be a really good place to build the cart known as the 'super duper soab box derby cart for canuck place' and since he is the master of the house...his support really counts!

This is the race: http://www.redbullsoapbox.ca/the-race.php

I have no idea why I want to do this other than the fact that it looks like fun and the dangerous stupidity appeals to me.
Why Mark? He is the buffer zone between stupidity and serious injury. He has raced cars, is a professional stuntman, and is truly an ideas man when it comes to figuring out and building things.

Why Canuck Place? Any opportunity I can seize to put the Canuck Place banner up is a good opportunity for me.

How can you help? Help me spread the word that components for a super duper soap box derby cart for canuck place are needed: sturdy set of axles and wheels, devices to control steering and stopping, and some thing to mount them all onto.

what a stupidly good idea....right?? I can try be a media whore as well and try go through red bull marketing and drum up support for the house!

Let me know your thoughts...and share mine with everybody at the house who likes to do things like this!
Malcolm

No comments:

The Blog

My name is Malcolm and I was a volunteer at Canuck Place Children's Hospice in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada for nearly seven years. Now I support them by raising money by participating in the Canuck Place Adventure Challenges!


I said hospice. Not really a word that you associate with children but there you go. We will tell you about the house as this blog progresses with the hope that you will learn, and as you learn we hope that you will share. The purpose of the Adventure Challenge is to raise money for AND awareness about Canuck Place.

The name of each kid at the house you read about has been changed.

September 14th and 15th are the dates for the next Adventure Challenges.

You can sponsor me for the race here: Adventure Challenge
Maybe you should do the race?

Names:

Just a quick note about the names of the kids in the house that you will read about: they are made up!