Sunday 7 March 2010

When you are sick...just stay clear,

One of the things I notice when I look at the blog is how much stuff gets missed. I was sick on Friday and had to call in to the house to cancel for the night. Miss a shift and all of a sudden my time there is reduced to once in the month. I HATE calling in sick. I realise that it is my time at the house that creates awesome moments with awesome people for me to write about!

Even if you are just 'a little' sick your bug could be devastating to the kids in the house. So we steer clear.

The start to another 6 months of fundraising is underway as I officially signed up for the 5th Annual Canuck Place Adventure Challenge! www.adventurechallenge.ca

Take a visit to the site. Take your time to go to the house as well: www.canuckplace.org



2 comments:

jen Stel Sebastian Bentley Isabelle said...

well, us parents are awfully amazed by you, the volunteers!!! thank you

hOMESCHOOLING 2020 COVID-19 said...

thanks jen!

The Blog

My name is Malcolm and I was a volunteer at Canuck Place Children's Hospice in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada for nearly seven years. Now I support them by raising money by participating in the Canuck Place Adventure Challenges!


I said hospice. Not really a word that you associate with children but there you go. We will tell you about the house as this blog progresses with the hope that you will learn, and as you learn we hope that you will share. The purpose of the Adventure Challenge is to raise money for AND awareness about Canuck Place.

The name of each kid at the house you read about has been changed.

September 14th and 15th are the dates for the next Adventure Challenges.

You can sponsor me for the race here: Adventure Challenge
Maybe you should do the race?

Names:

Just a quick note about the names of the kids in the house that you will read about: they are made up!