Wednesday 20 July 2011

Oh Thank Heaven for 7-11

...and I mean that.  They sponsored this:  The BC Parkway.  I couldn't find a site that did it justice but this one had some good pics and it looked like they were having fun....
I recommend this ride for anyone.  Neat thing is if you get bored, tired, or suffer bike malfunctions you are always within walking distance of a Skytrain station.

I thought it was a great ride.  Not too hard for this old body.  Of course I had to get there first so my trip started in North Delta, over the South and North Arms of the Fraser River via the Alex Fraser and Queensburough Bridges and into downtown New Westminster.

The trail starts around the 22nd Street Stn and winds its way gently uphill into Burnaby.  Central Park is the point where you can almost say it is all downhill from here.  I rode into downtown along excellent shared pathways, roadways and dedicated bike lanes...all the way to The Vancouver Convention Centre.  After picking up mail for my mum and dad I cycled up Hornby, over the Burrard Street Bridge and met up with a friend.  The grand plan was to go do some work for a friend...but my legs protested a little too much.

I have to show my wife that I am doing a little bit of training so she is a little more confident in my race readiness...and not ready to drop dead on the trails!

No comments:

The Blog

My name is Malcolm and I was a volunteer at Canuck Place Children's Hospice in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada for nearly seven years. Now I support them by raising money by participating in the Canuck Place Adventure Challenges!


I said hospice. Not really a word that you associate with children but there you go. We will tell you about the house as this blog progresses with the hope that you will learn, and as you learn we hope that you will share. The purpose of the Adventure Challenge is to raise money for AND awareness about Canuck Place.

The name of each kid at the house you read about has been changed.

September 14th and 15th are the dates for the next Adventure Challenges.

You can sponsor me for the race here: Adventure Challenge
Maybe you should do the race?

Names:

Just a quick note about the names of the kids in the house that you will read about: they are made up!